Subject: Re: Out to Video
From: Mark Thompson <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 17:43:03 -0500

[email-masked] (Marcus Ward) writes:
>One thing I would like to append to my message, the pvr does manage to
>exceed scsi2 speeds when sending output to video.

That would not be possible.

>It would have to, as full
>speed video frames at 30 per second is more than 40 MB per second.

Video is 20MB/s. 720 x 480 x 30fps x 2bytes/pixel. There are 2 bytes
rather than 3 because YUV data is sampled at a 4:2:2 rate. Since the
bandwidth of U and V are half that of Y, only 16bits are needed.

>I have no idea how it does this, not owning one, but it does.

Jpeg style compression.
  *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
  *           Mark Thompson           http://www.mv.com/ipusers/fusion  *
  *         Fusion Films, Inc.              [email-masked]          *
  * Director of Animation and Special FX      (603) 424-1829            *
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~